Monday, January 30, 2012

Sewing machine...

See this sewing machine?! 
Look hard!  Its beneath all the crap in my garage! Yep, there it is!
My mom gave me this beauty when I turned 30.  That's 5, yes, count them, 5 years ago almost to the day!  What have I done with it?!  Oh ya, that's right!  NOTHING!  If my memory serves me correctly, when I opened it up, I said, "What in the world (pretty sure I used a different word right here!) am I going to do with a sewing machine?  Thanks, I think?!"
How wrong was I?!  5 years down the road, I have SOOOO much I want to do with this, BUT, do I know how to use it?!  Ummmm... that's a BIG FAT NO!  This 34 year old brain (okay, so it's almost a 35 year old brain, but who's counting?!) can't remember how to thread of bobbin, much less actually plug it in! Damn high school home economics class! (Oops!  Sorry for the D bomb!) Why didn't I listen?! 
DANG IT!
Anyone want to teach me?!  I'll make you some yummy cheesecake cookies!

3 comments:

Janet said...

You got it! I love to sew. I've got three bridesmaids dresses to make in the next few months (my idea) so I need to get back at it! I would be happy to teach you. I used to sew all the time but haven't much lately. Maybe I could learn to use my serger at the same time... Spence got it for me a few years ago but I haven't even opened the box... ouch...

Middle Age Moments said...

I love to sew...not clothes (big hate on that) but love to make crafty things. I need to make Addi some American Girl doll clothes and her an outfit to match. I was pretty good at it I must admit, back in the day. I've been having the sew bug lately myself. Let's go! I know..a sewing session at the cabin!

dream quilt create said...

Once you learn the basics, you can make a simple baby quilt. Quilting is basically measuring, cutting and sewing staight lines :)