A couple of weeks ago, I was sitting at my computer like I always do. Dreaming of places to go. Hawaii, California, Connecticut, Berlin, I priced them all. Most being far out if reach for what we had. And then, I found an amazing deal to NY. B walked in the doors to greet me from his crazy day. I looked at him, gave him a big kiss and said "let's go to NY for my birthday!" he looked at me very matter of fact like and said, "ok, let's go to NY for your birthday!" I looked at him in shock! Not from him telling me yes, but he has a crazy travel schedule coming up. Quite honestly he would be sacrificing a lot to take me here. Well, sacrifice in the work sense and being away that much more from the comforts of home. blah blah blah! Anyway, I pushed "buy" and it was official!
New York, here we come! I began to act like a 8 year old who was just told I was going to Disneyland! I started to jump up and down. My kids came running in to see what was wrong. They really didn't know how to react, so they just started celebrating with me not knowing the reason.
New York warms my heart. I remember the first time that I came here. It was big, it was old and it was immediately embedded into my heart forever. Why? I don't know. New York is something you have to see to believe. It's the biggest, little city I've been too.
Busy, so busy. So many people going so many places. Where? I don know. I am
Convinced you could spend a lifetime trying to it figure out.
The smells are familiar. Awful, but I adore them. The burnt grill of the corner vendors, the putrid smell of the subway, coffee flowing from every couple feet.
And now I am here.... Sigh... Having a fantastic time with the man I love.
More to come...
1 comment:
Yeah for you! So fun!
Post a Comment