My little Mara got baptized this past weekend. I have never been more proud. I had no idea the intensity of watching your own child be baptized. The flood of emotions a mother has when her daughter receives the gift of the Holy Ghost is overwhelming. I feel almost like I received a gift in that as well. As if there is a partnership now and there WILL always be someone watching over her even when I can't. What an amazing blessing. AND...... IT SNOWED THAT DAY!!!!!!! Which is a big deal right now, since it's been the warmest and driest winter on record! And, Mara asked for snow in prayer that week. I think her prayer was answered. What a perfectly beautiful day to snow! All was clean, white and beautiful.
Mara and B on their way over to the church to get dressed. Thank you B for baptizing our daughter. She adores you and so do I.
Mara and Grandma MK
B and my Uncle Kurt
Vicki and Shar.... 2 of my fav's!
Crazy cousin Sierra!
And the food was YUMMY and fattening! (Don't kill me Chiara! I LOVE this pic!)
Papa and Mara (Papa did the confirmation) Thank you!
So proud of her!
Shar, Me and Aly! LOVE YOU BOTH!
Blurry pic of 3 generations! My mom, me and Mara!
After the baptism and confirmation.
We had so many of our family and friends surrounding her. She skipped everywhere she went that day! Even to share her testimony the next day at church. She is confident, happy and full of the spirit! NOTHING could have stopped her! Grandma Cindy came from New York and spent 5 days with us at our home. It was wonderful and I cried as I dropped her off this morning. She is loved more than she'll ever know. Thank you, Mom for coming.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you to all the family and friends who gave her such amazing words of hope and being there to show your support and set an example. You will never know how much it meant to her and to myself and B. Love you all so much!
Congratulations Mara!
No comments:
Post a Comment