Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Why do you all HATE January...

I can't figure it out!  Why does everyone HATE January!?! I keep reading blogs about how everyone is down, depressed, can't function.... BLAH!  Who are you people?!  I LOVE JANUARY!!!

January to me means snuggling by the fire, sipping hot chocolate and cider while it snows.  Cooking, baking, being completely cold and running to get in a nice warm bed!  Watching movies while curled up by my best friend and eating caramel popcorn with my kids.  Ya, I don't do New Years resolutions, so I don't get concerned over that.  Yes, I LOVE the holiday's, but we all know they will be back, sooner rather than later.  I feel like we can start fresh and get going.  So far this January for me has been wonderful! 

For example, I just spent 2 full days with 3 of my favorite ladies EVER getting snowed in at our cabin!  I mean it!  2 FEET of snow in 2 days!  It was beautiful, hypnotic (we slept a lot), breathtaking and so much more.  We really should still be there, talking!  Why do I feel like I could talk to them FOREVER?!  There was never a lull in the conversation, except when we would finally pass out from exahustion.  Erica and I talked until 4AM and didn't even know it!  Then we were all back up by 8:30AM to do more talking, laughing, asking, wondering and of course eating!  The only crappy part about the whole trip was... I only got 1 picture of the entire weekend! 1!  What was I thinking?!  Granted it's the cutest picture EVER, but lame!  We are just going to have to go on another girls trip to get more pics!  Ok ladies?!  Are you in?!

Ok, so back to why I love January!  I don't really know, I guess I am not hardwired like everyone else.  I would rather be up to my knees in snow marveling at it's existence.  (Why does it snow anyway?)  Playing with my family and making memories in the cold and rushing inside to get warm. It's really the only time where my family is always together and not running around crazy like in the summertime.  We spend more time together when it's cold than not, and that makes me happy!  So, this is it.  Why I love this time of year.  You won't see this girl complain, except...
We JUST got our first official snow storm of the season!  Now THAT makes me depressed! But I'll take it!
So, keep your chins up summer lovers!  This has been the warmest winter EVER and if I have to deal with the warm in the winter, then you have to deal with the cold that just may come this spring and summer.... that is, if it ever get's here!

6 comments:

Anne Louise said...

Not all of us have a cabin like YOU, Kelly.

:)

Anne Louise said...

P.S. I love love love the picture!

Erica said...

I love you so dang bad! Can't wait for the next outing.

Anonymous said...

good perspective maybe I'll start to like it. and yes, I was in that picture, at first, but then asked to get out of it cause I wouldn't fit in the frame. 300lbs and all....

That Brunette said...

Haha! I love winter too!

Chiara said...

hahaha - Love you Shar! Your comment was the best. And yes Kel, I'm in!!