It's official! The binky is GONE! AND it was soooo easy! She just gave it up one day. Put it down and hasn't looked back. I know I should be excited about this. This binky has been a thorn in my side for 3 and 1/2 years in more ways than I want to describe.
But now that it's gone, I have come to realize what that binky really meant. To ME that is...
It means my baby is no longer my 'baby'. No more cradling and comforting her with her favorite blanket and binky plugged into her mouth. Giving that comfort that only binky and mommy can bring!
This may sound so silly, but my heart is sad. She is growing up before my eyes and the binky was the last 'baby' thing we (I) had. I know I will get over it, but I would be lying if I didn't say that I haven't shed a few tears over that stupid, ugly binky.

1 comment:
I completely agree! I was so sad when Spencer gave up his binky. It really was the last tie to babyhood for him, and it was so hard to move past that part of him! However, I still get those mommy snuggles in the middle of the night, and at other times!
Post a Comment