Monday, February 7, 2011

We did...

This weekend was a little bit of crazy and a little bit of just laying around.  It was nice. Those are the best kind of weekends in my opinion.  I don't want to be told where to go, what to do and when to be somewhere.  We just did our thing.  This past week brought some new questions to our life and hopefully those questions will be answered this week.
So, this is what we did...
-Mara and I went to the Lady Utes Gymnastics meet with Vicki, Ava and Megan. We had a blast! One of the former gymnasts was diagnosed with breast cancer, so we all got pink UofU shirts and pink gloves in honor of her.  Thankfully she is cancer free.

 -William is majorly into Star Wars right now. So much so that I think Spiderman has been replaced by a Jedi. WOO HOO!!!  However, Anna was playinng Princess Leia and now the black eye thanks to that Jedi! oops!
-I painted my family room for the 5th and FINAL time! I finally LOVE it!  Which is good because that room is a BEAST to tape. So now we are  'Exploring Khaki' in there.  Good name, I guess.  Thanks Pottery Barn!  Now onto the next project!
-The kids have a new goal for their money.  Save it for a trip to Disneyland.  So, they are now earning money by doing chores and helping out around the house when they aren't asked too.  They are super excited and I love that I found a Mickey and Minnie  Mouse jar at the DI to save it all in.  Seems rather appropriate don't ya think?

-Anna was a major grump this weekend and today I found out why.. double ear infection. I can't blame her. I'd be a grump too!
 -  William and Dad went to the U of U Basketball game for a little daddy/ William time,  while I watched Inception with the Alders.  Ummm... still trying to decide what I thought of that movie.  Was it a dream? Was it not?  Don't leave me hanging like that!

-Ok ok ok...I'll admit, we played hookie from church.  First time in 3 years!  And although it was nice not to have anywhere go or get anyone ready or wake up at the crack of dawn, I missed it terribly. I missed the renewal and spirit that it brings.  I missed the comfort of the words and the taking of the sacrament.  I missed seeing everyone who is also there to worship and gain the same inspiration. I won't be doing that again.

- We had our dear friends over to watch the big game Steelers vs. Packers.  I didn't really care who won, I just enjoyed the good company and good food that seemed to put all of us in a food coma.  Thanks Fronces!
Well, that's about all we did.
 This upcoming week is going to be crazy! So, I'm gearing up by taking a nap!
Oh ya and,
How do you mess up the national anthem?
Just asking.

No comments: