As a young kid, I really never liked books. Don't get me wrong. I loved the concept of books, but never actual read them unless I had too. One of the first books that I truly ever read was Saving Alice. I had to read it for high school english class. Let me just tell you. I read it, it was awful and I never wanted to read again. The book itself wasn't awful, the contents were and the ending?!? was TERRIBLE. If you have read it, you know what I mean. Then the next book I had to read was Night. AGAIN, the contents were horrible and extremely depressing. Do you blame me for not wanting to read again?!
Several years later, along came Harry Potter. My mom and sister were instant fans. They would talk about muggles, Snape, Harry, Dumbledore, Hagrid, the whomping willow, Hogwarts, etc.... It drove me CRAZY that I didn't know what they were talking about it! So, I made a commitment to read the first one. JUST the first one. Well, let's just say the rest is history. Not only did I read the entire series 3 times, but the movies are some of my favorite. AND, I now read all the time. It's actually an addiction, one that I am proud to say that I have.
SO, today I am thankful for the books that have changed my way of thinking, taken me away into another land, books that have challanged me, changed me and ones that I now hold close to my heart because they somehow touched my soul. The books that are in this picture below all have had long remaining effects on my life for one reason or another. Some of them I read when I was going through really hard times. Some of them took me into a land that I truly wanted to be in and others just helped me think differently and some were just plain beautiful. Thank you to the authors of these amazing books and all of the others that were not mentioned here. I am proud to say, that I LOVE to read and I hope that I pass that love onto my kiddos.
Have a good one!
No comments:
Post a Comment