Sunday, May 20, 2012

Run..

Last year at this time I was getting ready to run the Wasatch Back, aka... Ragnar with 2 of my favorite people.  So there we were, us and 3 other women, (2 of which we didn't know until the morning we started), all started off on an adventure that we would take us from Logan, UT to ummmm, I honestly don't remember, but I am pretty sure we were near the back side of Heber Valley in 24 hours.

AHHHH.... I LOVED that race, and HATED it and quite frankly will never forget certain things.  I am pretty sure that it was harder than my marathon.  I have NEVER been that sore, nor had I ever ran back to back to back in under 24 hours while sitting in a sticky smelly car in between.  I was the driver and that didn't help with not being able to stretch between runs.  When I say smelly car, I mean it.  Just imagine 6 woman, 24 hours, eating, sleeping, running, sweating, breathing, farting.... well you get the picture.  I am quite certain that my Tahoe has never been the same.

But, just writing this makes me wish we were there again.  Running our guts out, push our bodies to the limits and then doing it all over again.

1 year ago, I could run 14 miles at a time and be just fine.  It was thrilling.  I'm pretty sure if I went running right now, I would run 1 and want to die. Ok, I'll give myself the benefit of the doubt and say 2.

I haven't run since that race.  For no other reason than just pure laziness.  I have been lazy.  But, I miss running.  It is my therapy.  Everything disappears when I run.  I can think, talk, listen to music, pray, make decisions... what ever it may be that I do while I run, I come home feeling better, happier, healthier and stronger.

I want to run.
I will run.
I need to run.
Who wants to go with me?

No comments: