Saturday, May 12, 2012

The new me...

It's been awhile since I've visited my blog.  A lot has happened.  I'm pretty sure that my life has done a complete 360. 
Life isn't the same anymore.  It's not better, but it's not worse.
My new reality is just this:
I get up at 6am.
Shower.
Get dressed in big girl clothes.
Wake my kiddos up and give them as many kisses as they will let me.
The nanny arrives.  AND, she is wonderful!  An angel, really.
I kiss my sweet B and my kiddos again.  They get sick of it, but I don't.
I get in my car, plug in my head phones, turn the country music up as loud as it will go, and drive.
I haven't gotten used to the commute yet, but I'm finding my groove.
I stop at Starbucks and get a Grande Skinny Vanilla Roiboos Tea Latte.  It comforts me.
I make the rest of my commute, all of 2 minutes.  Drive in circles up the parking garage. 
I even have a favorite spot. 
I walk into my office, turn on my lamp and computer.  Sit down, take a VERY deep breath and start my day.
I have to be on.  Meaning...  Happy, excited, a leader.  It can be hard.  Really, really hard.
I love my sales team.  They are unique, fun, talented and I can't believe how much they have taught me.
I hope that I can teach them.
Each day is different between the hours of 8-5.
I'm pretty sure that's the main reason I like my job.  It's NEVER the same.
I turn off my computer, lamp and close my office door. 
Climb the stairs to my car, plug in my country music and drive in circles back down.
The commute coming home just plain old sucks.
I am usually home by 5:45.
I walk in my home, kiss my B and my kiddos, again more than they want.
Make dinner, sometimes.
And then I sit and relax with my family and kiss them some more.  We play, we watch movies, we laugh and we snuggle.
I have found a new me.




I am a full time working mom.
I am better for it. 
There are those out there who think that I am putting my kids in a bad place.  Not giving them a chance to be nourished and grow. 
Truth is, you couldn't be more wrong.  So, please don't judge.
You see, I am not working for the money, or the insurance, (ok, maybe for this one.)  I am not working to prove anything, or to get away.  I am not working because we can't afford our life.
I am working to show my kids, mainly my girls, that you can be strong, successful and independant and still raise a family that has values, strengths and happiness.
Do I miss being a full time mom?  Absolutely.  Do I miss my kids?  So much I can't describe.
Am I happy?  Yes.  Are they happy?  YES.
This opportunity came out of the blue.  I know it was for me, but I also believe it was for them.  I don't know how long I can keep up the pace, but I will get up everyday and try with all my might and stregth..  I will get up and prove to my kids that I am strong and I love them so much.
Right now, the time that I have with my kids is precious. 
It's happy and when mom gets home from work, we go out and rule the world!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I hope you don't ever think I am judging you. Cause I am not. I think if you love it, then that is all that matters!

My security word below says "hatedher" hahahaha

Staci said...

Loved your post, Kelly! It is not easy being a full time working mom (outside the home) because you work two full time jobs. You are amazing, and your kids are amazing! Keep up the good work!