Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lesson learned, I hope...

See this small and insignificant toy?
This is the first and hopefully last thing that William stole.

He took it from my sister in laws house and about 2 hours after we left her house, he showed it to me.
Knowing his recent obsession with Star Wars, I knew he had been wanting this Anakin Lego, BUT we didn't have it yet.
Thus, the conversation went like this...

Will: "Mom! Look at what dad bought me!"
Me: (Knowing it was not his...) " Wow! That looks special. When did he buy it for you?"
Will: "Today!"
Me: " Hmmmm... Are you sure, William? Daddy has been at work since 6 o'clock this morning.
Will: " He came home and left really fast."

LONG story short and a lot of tears later...
I caught him not only lying, but stealing too.
So, we called Aunt Whitney and drove back to her house where William had to apologize and give it back.
He later told me he was really sorry.  It just looked like so much fun.
It was really hard on him, but hopefully, lesson is learned.

No comments: