Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I have NO IDEA how this happened...

Well, my foot broken. Not only is it broken, but in 3, count them 3 different spots!
If you want to know how it happen, all I can say is... the story is not very compelling, BUT here it is anyway.

I was at church having a very typical Sunday.  We actually had a pretty low key sacrament meeting, which was a miracle in and of itself!  Afterwards, I took the kids to primary.  Anna was having a very hard time and was in the front of the room screaming along with about 10 other kids, or so it seemed.  I was in the back of the room watching, hoping she would settle down, but alas, she did not.  So, I started to make my way through an extremely crowded room, and as I was excusing myself to get between two people, I all of a sudden hit the ground.  My shoe flew over my head and landed across the room.  I felt a deep and sudden pain in my foot, but was so embarrassed by falling, I tried very hard to act cool!  Well, when that much pain is involved, acting cool is easier said than done.  I wanted to throw up, literally.  I didn't know what had just happened.  I quietly found my shoe and walked as best as I could to the woman's bathroom.  I sat in there and cried and cried and cried.  And then I wanted to throw up and then I cried some more.  The pain was horrible.
As I came out of the bathroom, I must have looked like a mess, because I immediately had a ton of people surrounding me and my husband was running towards me.

I went home and saw the doctor the next day.  He actually didn't believe me when I told him what happened.  Why didn't he believe me?!  Because of the extent of my injury and the fact that I have no idea what really happened or what I hit my foot on. 
My big toe on my left foot is broken and the break runs down my toe and into my foot and then goes off into two different directions. 
So, now I have this lovely boot (see below) and crutches for the next 4-6 weeks.  After that, they will rule out possible surgery.  Since I DON'T want surgery, I will where this boot EVERYWHERE I go!
 As the Doctor said, "Go and make a new fashion statment!"

3 comments:

The Dunham Family said...

Oh, that bites!
It is the curse of planning to run in some half marathons and other races.

Hope you don't need surgery!

Jill said...

Oh my gosh Kelly! That is horrible, didn't you already have surgery on a foot a while ago? Hopefully this boot does what it should and you can heal up perfectly!

Middle Age Moments said...

What the heck! I'm so sorry! I can't believe it. I think that is a great story. Or maybe make up another one. I'll call you. It sounds lilke you need dinner.