Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thank you Starbucks...

This all may sound funny from a person who doesn't drink coffee.  I love going to Starbucks.  I do.  Not only does it smells like my grandma's house on a Sunday morning, but I truly love being there.  I could sit there all day and watch.  Watch people go in and out every minute or so.   It seems like they all have an agenda. Although, maybe they don't, but who doens't love some really good people watching?! 

These people all go about their business, whether it be reading, talking with friends, business meetings, sleeping, working, pretending to work, or just sitting back to download some music and surf the web, it all happens in one room.  The best part is everyone leaves you alone. There is an occassional hello or smile, the kind of smile that tells the other that they can relate to how you feel, even though they don't know you.  But really when it comes right down to it, no one cares what you are doing, so you can just sit back and relax and enjoy your favorite warm and fuzzy drink.  (Mine is a Soy Cinnamon Dolce Steamer.  It's like having Christmas time all year long in a cup.)

This place outside of my home, gives me a place where I can be alone with my thoughts and write, read or just sit and think.  I do have other places that I can find peace and comfort, but through all of the tough times from last year, there were many times that I found a really comfy chair in the corner of the room and calmly dealt with life in my own way.  So, thank you Starbucks!

No comments: