Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Today in a nutshell...

Got the kids up, dropped Mara off at school, ran errands, did some laundry.  Oh ya! We went to the Zoo. I do believe we were the ONLY ones there!  I didn't even see a worker other than the lady that checked us in!  Nothing like having the whole zoo to ourselves!  Literally! 
Here is Will with the tigers in the background.
B went out of town unexpectedly today and that always throws me for a loop.  He got home from work today around 2 and literally kissed everyone goodbye and ran out the door.  I am thankful for him.  He works his heart out.  I think last year, other than most weekends, he may have had a total of 5 days off.  No, I'm not kidding.  He works and works and works!  He can set his own schedule, so he is usually home between 2-3.  I wouldn't change it for the world.  He is so good at what he does and I am proud of him. 

Aunt Whit came by and she always comes with her hand me down kids clothes for William.  He thinks he has died and gone to heaven when he gets to wear his cousins clothes.  It's too cute and so are the clothes.  THANKS Whit!  Love you!

The kids took a bath and then with their jammies on, played their musical instruments as the "Elggren Kid Band".  Since B was gone, Mara introduced them by saying, "LADIES AND NO GENTLEMAN."  I loved it even though the songs had no melody or beat.  They had a great time and that's all that matters.  They are best friends and it's the sweetest thing for a mother to watch.

Snuggle time soon came as I read books to them and they drifted off into a peaceful sleep.  I could lay there all night and stare at them.

But now it is now quiet in my house.  Shouldn't I be jumping up and down with excitement?!  I find it funny how I am often looking for this much needed silence and when I do get it, I wish I had a distraction.  Sigh!  So, since B is not here, I don't know whether to watch the Bachelor (yes, I'm hooked once again!), Biggest Loser, Ellen, work out, snuggle up by the fire with my kindle, or just go to sleep.  Sleep sounds good, but I'm sure I'll find something else to do. 
Goodnight!

No comments: