Sunday, August 15, 2010

I didn't do what I thought I would do.....

I had a WEEKEND OFF of all motherly, wifely duties! 32 hours all to myself! My cute hubby took the kids to an overnight family reunion and left me to do WHATEVER I wanted...SOOOOOO, what did I do?!
WELL... on Friday night I went to see EAT PRAY LOVE for a much needed GNO. AWWWWEESOMMMEE, (but the book was better . I HIGHLY recommend it)! AND, even BETTER company! Thanks Ladies!
I got home around 12:45AM and slept in until 8am! WOW, I know, I didn't get much sleep, which ironically is what I usually complain about, so go figure that I didn't want to do that!
I woke up to a VERY silent house. I didn't know what to do with myself! The possibilities were endless! Mani, pedi, massage?! SHOPPING!!!! Sleep!

WHAT was I to do?! Think, think!!
BUT as I looked around at my empty quiet, VERY dirty house, I began to clean, And Clean, AND CLEAN and rearrange, and CLEAN! Before I knew it, it was 5pm at night! I HAD spent my ENTIRE weekend off CLEANING MY HOUSE!
I can only imagine that this is what I looked like..... (I did however have my ipod in and had the music blasting! YES, there was dancing!)
(Picture from here.)
No kids to interupt or disorganize what I had just cleaned. I cleaned my house and it stayed clean! I found myself walking back into rooms that I just cleaned, being totally amazed that it was STILL clean!
Even though I used my day off to do something that I usually loath, I was HAPPY! I had a clean house that my VERY dirty kids could come home too. All was well, with me, my house and my family! Lame I know, but a clean house makes for a happy mom!
At least it lasted about 12 hours before the kids destroyed it again!
Welcome home!

No comments: