Friday, January 1, 2010

It's always something!, BUT that's going to change!

I have had a lot on my mind these past few weeks with William's birthday, Christmas, Mara's birthday and now New Years. Let's start here. Resolutions. Should I make them? I never keep them. Well sometimes I do. And if I make them, what are they?! THINK, THINK, THINK!
Well, what does my heart most desire?! Same things as everyone else, I guess. Lose weight, make more money, be happy, etc.... But, let's go back to William's birthday party. Tuesday, December 22, 2009. Just a couple of weeks ago. Everything was great! The kids were so happy, we were at Jungle Jims Playland! ahhhh!!!! Play heaven for kids. Well, so we thought. We had only been there for about 15 minutes. I put Anna on a swing and buckled her tight. Took pictures galore and then looked over at my husband. I thought to myself that it was weird that both of his parents were hugging him and then it CLICKED. Seizure. WHAT?! I had just had a conversation with him and now he was in a full blown grand mal seizure?! Funny how fast life can change. We quickly called 911. They were there in record time considering the horrbile snow storm that night. We also had the most amazing friends there on the phone and by our sides almost as quick as it happened.
The paramedics came and took his vitals and to make a VERY long story short, we are back doing blood work, tests, etc. STILL NO ANSWERS!!! For those of you who know our long history of no answers with Brandon's health, it has been extremely frustrating. There are times where I wish I could have the health issues and not my wonderful husband. He doesn't deserve it. But, I guess no one does. We all have something going on in our lives that we don't care for. Something that we struggle with. Thus, some of the reasons for resolutions.
SO, my New Years Resolution this year is find ANSWERS for the love of my eternity. He is my everything and I am done watching him suffer. We have so much to accomplish, so much to live for. I will achieve this resolution this year. I will find out what is happening! I promise for him, myself and my children.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Kelly! You brought a tear to my eye. Good luck and love to your family. I hope 2010 brings you peace and answers.

Karen Hopkins said...

Our prayers are with you. My hope every day is that Mike will have some time without physical suffering.
Happy New Year.

Somer said...

Kelly-I am so sorry. i had no idea this had happened. We'll be praying for answers.