Weeks ago when I was in relief society, they announced that the upcoming Women's General Reilef Society meeting would included all girls and women ages 8 and up. At first I didn't think much of it, but as the weeks went on I started thinking about how that day could be a time where I could be with my daughter Mara at a very historic event in our church. I never really thought about it before because my girls were going to have to be 18 before we could attend that meeting together.
What a meeting it was! Best women's conference I have ever been too/ seen. Sister Wixoms talk was incredible and it's inclusion of the young girls brought tears to my eyes and happiness and peace to my soul. Mara took 6 pages of notes in her journal and seemed to be soaking it all in. Looking at my notes and then looking at me smiling. Messages of love, examples, becoming a better person, etc. I watched the young girls that I was surrounded by and saw in their faces love for their mothers, sisters, grandmothers and friends. That moment hit me like a ton of bricks. What an incredible time to be a part of our Savior's church. To look down at my side and see my daughter writing as quickly as possible so that she could cling to all that was said. The peace and love that I have for her and my family came over sweeping over me in a way that I had never experienced and did not expect. This night will be one that I will remember forever. A small gift from my Heavenly Father during a time when I truly needed it the most. The eternal perspective. The love of my family and the hope for the future. I love my church. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and my Heavenly Father. I am grateful for the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. Grateful for the amazing women that are examples to me of love and friendship. Grateful to live in a time where I can be sealed to my family and keep them with me forever. Grateful to have the temple so close to my home. I'm just plain grateful and am almost giddy with excitement of the upcoming general conference. My heart is truly full.
And then last but not least, grateful that we got to laugh all night long with dear friends and devoured yummy chocolate cazookies!


No comments:
Post a Comment