Dear New York,
It's me, Kelly. Perhaps not the Kelly you once knew, but down deep, it's still me. I've been gone far too long. I'm sure you didn't notice my long departure, but I noticed. I left my heart here 4 years ago. Although, not to worry, I felt it reconnect the second my eyes came upon your breathless skyline. Gasp. Your buildings, the smell, the sounds, oh how I have missed our frequent love affairs. I missed your busy streets, sleepless nights, and discovering something at every blink. The smells, are familiar to me and they have remained the same. Small favorite parts of you have changed, but I'm ok with that. We have to change to grow and become stronger. You may not have noticed, but I have changed too.
It's me, Kelly. Perhaps not the Kelly you once knew, but down deep, it's still me. I've been gone far too long. I'm sure you didn't notice my long departure, but I noticed. I left my heart here 4 years ago. Although, not to worry, I felt it reconnect the second my eyes came upon your breathless skyline. Gasp. Your buildings, the smell, the sounds, oh how I have missed our frequent love affairs. I missed your busy streets, sleepless nights, and discovering something at every blink. The smells, are familiar to me and they have remained the same. Small favorite parts of you have changed, but I'm ok with that. We have to change to grow and become stronger. You may not have noticed, but I have changed too.
I have discovered new pieces of you that I love and when I come back, I will have to find once more.
( I soooo wanted to go see this sermon! )
(Got to love street performers!)
(View from New Jersey)
Part of me is sad that I have to leave again, but I will be back.
Sincerely, Kelly
1 comment:
So fun.....though I missed having you be gone! I love NYC as well. Ron and I went back years and years ago to the US Open. So fun. And now with Nils moving to DC, maybe we'll get back there again. oh, and Ron's bro and fam have made their home there. They love it! Welcome home!
Post a Comment