Thursday, June 30, 2011

I need your help...

I am totally and completely obsessed with reading!  I was never a reader really until Harry Potter came along and now I can't put a good book down.  I just finished reading a wonderfully sweet little book, that made me laugh, cry, grateful to be a mother, feel really good kind of book.  "Heaven is For Real". 
I completely suggest it. 
BUT, now I need your help!  I am in need of good books!
I pretty much love every kind of book!  So, Help me please!  What do you recommend?

4 comments:

jenniejones said...

Just finished Devil in the White City. A true story about the 1893 Chicago World's fair and a serial killer. Also Same Kind of Different As Me - great book also true. These is My Words - I also loved. One I haven't read yet but is on my shelf and is supposed to be life changing is A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. And although you've probably read these some of my all time favorites are the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, Princess Academy and Goose Girl. I too need a new list of good books to read. I am excited to check out your suggestion. Happy reading!

dream quilt create said...

I suggest signing up at goodreads.com and putting me as your friend. I have a lot of good books that I've read or want to read on there. Other than that, "The Help" is exceptional and "The Forgotten Garden". If you like young adult books, I suggest the author Shannon Hale. She lives in Daybreak. Happy reading! Shannon wrote the princess academy and Goose Girl to name a few.

Ashley said...

Did you read the book club book last month "A tree grows in Brooklyn" ? I think I'm adding that to my top 10. Glass Castle is up there too. I agree with Cynthia, sign up on goodreads if you are not already on it.

Christina said...

The Hunger Games, so good hard to put down. Princess Academy is a good young adult book.
I have heard good things about "The Help" I haven't had a chance to read yet, but it is on my list.
Goodreads is an excellent source. People read the books and rate them on a five star scale and sometimes even leave comments on the book.