I love listening to my children play. Especially when they play pretend.
Things like "let's pretend we are twin sisters and don't know it! And I become famous and you become a Dr. And then we both grow up and have 10 kids each. What are we going to name them?"
Or... "I'm the mom and you're the daughter. Daughter it's time for bed sweetheart." "ok mommy."
Or... "you be princess Leia and I'll be Luke Skyealker' Come save me Luke! Jabba is here an he's trying to get me!"
I love the age where my kids are at. 7,5,3. The ages of no worries. No commitments other than the occasional music lesson or sports team. An age when school is fun and you fight with your best friend and then quickly get over it after a minute and continue to play like nothing has happened.
The age of discovering the world and being yourself. Where the sun is always shining and it's always spring. Where you truly believe with your whole heart that you are a beautiful princess or a Jedi knight. I wish I could bottle it and sell it. Or perhaps just keep for myself!
Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment