Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Just plain naughty...

See these faces?!  They are the faces of just plain naughtiness! 


Does anyone else out there have extremely naughty children right now?! Oh my goodness, seriously.... SAVE ME!!! I don't know if it's Christmas time that has them going, but oh... are they going! Straight into time out!
I think I put William into time out 13 times today! 13 TIMES!!! AND, he still was naughty!
Anna hit everyone in the house including herself, which quite honestly she may have deserved!  Her teacher had to drag her out of the car today at school because, how dare that boy in the car next to us, smile at her! Mara is (yes, I said is, not has) complete and total attitude!  She's 7, NOT 17! Should I really be fighting with her over makeup and clothes right now?!  (Did you know that she told Santa that all she wants for Christmas is money and a phone!!  Really!???? Who is she going to call???  And MONEY?!  She still thinks that to get money all you have to do is go to the bank and they give it to you.... ahhh if only!
Not even our Elf on the Shelf, Zekie can be can help me now!  I have done all that I can think of!  I have sent Santa several texts, ok, not really, but just sayin!, I have threatened playing with friends, taking away bath time (they thought about this one... don't want to stink!), not going to see Santa at the mall, not being able to have birthday parties (I'm not really that mean, am I?), going to bed without dinner (hey it used to work on Leave it To Beaver!), putting Tabasco sauce in their mouths. (I actually carried this one out twice today, but it doesn't really work when your son LIKES the taste of hot sauce!)  I have even turned up the Christmas music up soooo loud, the screaming sounded like background music on a very bad rendition of O Holy Night.
I probably sound like a straight up hagatha right now, but like I said, I have tried EVERYTHING!  If you have any grand ideas, send them my way! 
All I can say now is this cranky, tired, irritable mother is really hoping the big guy in red shows up at our house in 9 days, because right now, anythings possible!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Spencer is being seriously naughty over here too. We have definitely reached the end of our rope, and aren't sure what to do either.....if you find anything out, pass it my way!

Staci said...

We have a naughty nine year old as well. We were contributing it to the new baby, but now I am rethinking it all! We have a few presents under the tree and I told her that when I have to scold her, one present is taken away. But, she can earn it back through good behavior. Good luck! Oh, and thanks for the visit last night!

Katie said...

I say take them to Jumpin' Jacks and see if they can bounce out some of the stir crazy cabin fever of it all!

Chiara said...

hahahah! I don't know why I'm laughing, but I am. Maybe because I'm feeling the same way?!?! Or maybe because all your attempts to change the bad behavior are just hilarious! Either way....just know that i love you and that you are not alone!! (and that if you decided to build a lockable padded sound-proof room to put your kids in....you dang well better call me and let me throw mine in before you lock it up!)