WHICH COMES FIRST?!

I LOVE this time of year. Really really really love Christmas. Not just because it's the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ, but the amazing feelings of love and giving and just plain peace on earth. I have an ADDICTION. I guess you could say it was inherited from my mom. I collect Santas. Every kind of santa there is. Short, fat, skinny, fluffy, sparkly, nordic, you name it. I LOVE him! I guess because it brings such happienss to my heart. We all at one point wished that Santa Clause was real, didn't we? I think that I still truly believe in some ways. He represents such a warm and awesome time. All he does is prepare for an entire year to make people happy. To bring love into someone's heart. Especially now that I have kids, it makes me so happy to see their faces on Christmas morning. BUT, this year I have changed my focus. (YES, I am STILL looking for more Santas!), but I want to really teach my children about the true meaning of Christmas. The most incredible gift our world has and ever will know. The birth of Jesus Christ. He is my light, my feeling of love and giving and HOPE for peace on earth someday. These are crazy times, and I can't help but be so Thankful for all that I have. For my Family, a husband you loves me for me and all of my 'issues', the Gospel, health, an amazing neighborhood to live in, the chance to serve, the chance to be served, a bed to sleep in at night, an amazing country to live in where my family can be FREE, soldiers and their families who make that possible, to be at home raising my little kiddos and sooooooo much more. How do you count the blessings???!!!! Well, we have an enitre day, if we really need one. I think we should be thankful everyday, BUT none the less, we have THANKSGIVING. A time to reflect on the past, present and future and announce all of the things that we are thankful for. SO, for the FIRST TIME EVER, I decorated my house for Christmas before Thanksgiving. BECAUSE, I am so thankful for my Savior and I want to shout it out to the world!HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment