Anna is sick and because of that I am doing laundry. YUCK! Brandon is in Las Vegas, working, working, betting on numbers 8, 9 22 and 30 (shhhh.....) and working. Mara is downstairs drooling over her new Justin Bieber stand up and William is watching Star Wars Return of the Jedi for the one millionth time secretly wishing that Jedi's were real and that he could be one of them. I can hear the tunes of My Little Pony, Star Wars and Justin Bieber all echoing in my home at the same time while I sit here and type for a brief moment of therapy. Is writing therapy for anyone else? We cannot go to church today because of Anna being sick. I am sad about that, but maybe we needed this down time. I just hope this is a 24 hour deal... My house is a distaster but I have no desire to get up and clean. I can do it later.
Yesterday I took the kids to the DI. We all really do love that place. It's full of so many hidden treasures. I found a vintage book. A beautiful hard back, 1953 edtition of the Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame. I have never read this book. I have been interested in it though ever since I found out that J.K. Rowling's love for reading and writing came from her mother reading this book to her. Not only that, it's the book where she starting daydreaming about a character by the name of Harry Potter. We are going to start reading it tonight as a family. I love that I will be discovering something new right along with my kids.
I have a long big week ahead of me. Full of lots of different things. My parents are coming into town for a while and staying with us. I have 2 doctor appts, a photography session at the hotel, lots and lots and lots of work at work and the first UofU football game on thursday and a ton more that I am certain will come my way! In the meantime, since I can't be at church today I went looking for inspiration and as I always do, I found this.... Love it and I wanted to share. Happy sunday everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment