To work, or not to work? That is my question.
I have had an unexpected opportunity present itself and needless to say, I have NO idea what to do!
Last Friday I received a phone call from a very good friend of mine who just happens to be my old boss. Long story short, he told me that they would love to talk to me about coming back to my old job.
What the What?! (That's apparently my new phrase since I find myself saying it probably TOO much! OK, OK I'm trying not to swear! so what seems like a better choice than the obvious.)
But, what the what?! I was NOT expecting that phone call on a Friday afternoon!
I am TORN!
I have about 50 emotions going on inside of me every time I think of this situation.
Excitement, nervousness, doubt, happiness, pride, the list keeps going!
So, I have made a list of pros and cons. Here they are!
PROS
More Money!
Health Insurance for FREE!
Let's just say, that phone call was a much needed boost to my self worth! :)
I loved my job!
I love the people!
Travel Benefits!
CONS
I would have to hire a nanny to help with the kids.
Anna would be in all day preschool, which would cost a LOT of money! Try $781.00 a month to be exact! (again, what the what?!)
I wouldn't be able to be available to my kids at all times of the day
I would have to re-invest in professional clothing.
Basically when all is said and done, the cons are all about my kids.
So, What do I do?!
Brandon said to me, "nothing ventured nothing gained."
Do I follow my husband's advice and go back to work?
I didn't go looking for this opportunity. It came to me and for that I am thankful and even flattered.
I want to know what you would all do?!
I am leaning heavily towards, YES. YIKES!
It actually sounds wonderful, less the cons!
WHAT would you do?!
Do you work and if so, what do you think of it?!
Please Please help me!
4 comments:
That's a tough one! I don't have anything thing to say to help you decide but I wish you good luck in figuring it all out.
I don't know what I would do if I were you. You only have a couple more years, and then it would be a much easier choice.
ps...I would be your nanny-I need a job.
I never texted you back. I can do Wed or Friday this week.
It's a tough decision. For me, part-time is always best. Fulfills me, but I can still keep home life going, too. Right now I am working a lot, and when everything is going right I can manage it, but when things go wrong, well, its tough to keep all those balls in the air, if you know what I mean. I guess I am lucky that one of my jobs is from home, so I still get to see my kids. I know that whenever I have to work until 6ish or later I feel sad because I feel like I have hardly seen my kids, and for me, that's not good.
I definitely understand, though, the rewards that come from working outside the home. Its nice to be treated like a professional adult now and then :)
Make it a matter of prayer and I know you will make the right choice for you and your family.
I have been in two different positions. At one time, I had the choice to work. I did it part time because like Janet, I felt fulfilled and appreciated when I was working as a professional. I was able to juggle family and life very easily because it was part time. The position I am in now is not as easy; I do not have the choice whether or not to work. It is difficult to juggle my family and life; I am emotional. I miss being home with our little one. But, I love being a professional! I love being needed away from home as well. My job is truly a part of who I am.
Kelly, working outside the home is never an easy choice. Take your decision to the Lord and He will guide you. Working outside the home is not a bad thing; each situation is so individual and should never be judged by others. So, my two cents are this: you have spent some wonderful years home with your sweet children, but you only have a couple of more before they are all in school full time. Children grow up so fast...make your decision through prayer! You are amazing whether you are in the work place or not!
Post a Comment