Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Glad I opened my eyes...

For so long my eyes were closed.  My ears as well.  I chose to close them.  Nobody closed them for me.  I did it.  Made that desicion for myself.  Impressive, I know!  sheesh.... who am I kidding?!

This weekend and for the past 3 years, my eyes, ears, senses... everything....are open.  I also made that decision for myself. (smile)
Ok, so now I am going to be honest.  This october LDS conference is the FIRST time I have ever at down and listened to the talks the ENTIRE TIME!  Guilty!  I have NEVER done that.  I have always done what I wanted too.  I could listen later right?!  When I said that I was closed off not too long ago, I was. Conference weekend was a day off!  I could do whatever I wanted!  I didn't have to go to church and I knew the talks would be written down and I could seek them when I wanted.  I seldom did...  Because when my senses were closed, they were closed for a reason.  I didn't want to hear certain things.  Especially the things that I perhaps was doing wrong.  Denial is a great place to be..... ugh.

Why do I tell you this?!  Because this weekend I was touched.  My soul was opened even further.  This specific Conference gave me hope, peace, clarity and a feeling of love from my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ.  I already have a testimony of the Gospel.  But now I have a testimony of conference and the inspiration that it can give. These were a few of my favorites. Here and here and here.  If you haven't seen it, take the time to do so.  The words are beautiful.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Good for you Kelly. Guess how much I listened too? Not much.
I will try your links. Thanks.