I am just going to tell it like it is. I have gotten back into the habit of running.
My daily run consists of..
Dragging myself out of bed before the sun (summer months suck!), finding my clothes, socks and shoes. Eating 200 calories, putting a really sour piece of gum in my mouth, turning up my iphone to the desired playlist for that day. (Sometimes country, sometimes a mix. Today it started out with Tim McGraw. That always makes me happy!)
Then comes the hard part. Actually walking out the door. Seems easy, but there are days when I question my deciscion. Should I go back to bed? Everyone is asleep, I should be too! BUT, 9 3/4 of the time, I walk out the door. Rain, snow, sleet and sun. Have you noticed its been really mugging lately?! BLAH!
I then walk to corner and start my run.
I will say, no matter how hard I train, or how long I have been running... my first mile ALWAYS sucks! Everytime! I think it's my bodies way of trying to object! But I keep going, because usually by mile 2, I feel invinsable and I LOVE that feeling! The feeling of ENDORPHINS!
Whenever I am having a bad day, my cute husband says, "honey... have you gone running today?!" He knows the answer. I am a happier person when I run. It is my therapy. It is my escape. It renews my mind and clears all concerns.
And although it makes me tired, sweaty, smelly and sore, and there are times when I can't breathe, hack up a lung and my tongue occasionally will swell up in my mouth, oh ya and that sharp pain through the back of my neck, muscle spasms that just randomly happen and wanting to break down into tears because I don't think I can go another step. It makes me HAPPY! And endorphins make you happy so you won't shoot your husband!
1 comment:
I did not get out of bed today. But I was awake. Then I saw the picture of your morning run on facebook, and totally regretted my decision.
Ditto to everything you said.
Post a Comment