About a week ago, I woke up at 6am, (I know I can't sleep in!!! It's a curse!) on a saturday morning and I remember thinking...
"I wonder what we should do today?!"
Well, I ran to the store and when I was on my way home at the bright and early time of 7am, I went past about 3 yard sales, all of which had things that I HAD to have! (I am a sucker for yard sales, but rarely take the time to find them.)
A darling doll house for Anna, a dresser, mirror and night stand and 4 huge bean bags that were in awesome shape, oh ya and a Barbie razor scooter for Mara... ALL of which came to the grand total of....
HOLD YOU BREATHE..... $40! ALL OF IT!!! I know, huh?!
Well, I spent the rest of the day, sanding, painting and transforming the dresser and night stand. (Pictures to come)
The events of this particular morning started an obsession within me! So, I started wandering around with my free time, (HA! What free time?!) The wandering took me here....
WHERE THE CRAZIES ARE....
THE D.I.
These people are waiting for the doors to open and it happens EVERY MORNING AT EVERY D.I. They plow through and look for random stuff that was someone else's junk, but another persons treasure. I really can't believe what people will buy?! But who am I to judge? Look what I have done!

So far I have bought....
a guitar, in PERFECT condition for $10 (A Christmas present for Will)
two small shelves (already painted and hung)
two beautiful framed pictures (hanging beautifully in my home)
an AWESOME dining table for Emily and her cute fam.. (I didn't buy it, BUT I found it..we just need chairs and some paint!)
this armoire below
I took the doors off and will be sanding down the rough spots and painting this thing! AND let me tell ya.... I CAN'T WAIT for the final result. What color should it be? hmmmmm.....


3 comments:
Ari used to get stuff off Craig's list, refinish it or just wipe it clean and resell it for lots more money. You could have a whole new career here! Just what you don't need!!
How in the world did you get it all home? But I can see some serious potential in that stuff. Good for you, Kel!
I love hearing about how you joined the crazies! It makes me smile!! :)
Post a Comment