Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Little Spidey!

My little man, LIVES for Spiderman! Not just LIVES, WORSHIPS the ground Spiderman climbs on! I am not really sure when the obsession began. I do know however, that it has been going on A LOT longer that I wish it would. 2 years or so and stillllllll counting.... This crazy ride has now turned into a daily job for me. Not only do his clothes have to be either red or blue, but his underwear, shoes and socks must be as well. If he is not dressed, he is in his costume or numerous selections of Spiderman pj's. Most of them are falling apart and are ready to be thrown away. If I need him to get dressed for church or school, I have to tell him it's time to be Peter Parker, and he gladly switches clothes.

BREATHE!!! Ok, I can handle this. Target sells Spidey stuff. (Thank Heaven for Target!) WELL, apparently I CANT handle it anymore. I now dream of Spidey! We even went to Disneyland in August and he drew a picture of Spiderman for Mickey Mouse. Mickey was happy. (maybe he is a spiderman fan too!) AND, it has gotten to the point that his younger sister, Anna now thinks that she is Mary Jane and will throw webs at me when she is not pleased. She even did it to the Doctor last night! They climb the furniture, walls and floors. Hang on the drapes and shower curtains. Anything that they can do to fly. Anna, oh I mean, Mary Jane loves being rescued. They could play for hours. And try as I might to find another super hero to grab his interest, it still goes back to Spidey. The cartoon is quite violent, and so is the movie, but he will sit in front of the TV with the Spiderman main menu (Tobey Maquire version) playing, because all spiderman does on the main menu is fly from building to building. Just like Will wishes he could do. SO, day by day, I put up with Spidey, Mary Jane and the evil sandman (Mara, who deep down wishes she could be Ariel and that Spiderman was Eric). I know one day I will wish for his imagination to be oh so simple again and that I may come to miss Spidey. BUT right now, I am quite over it! I LOVE YOU WILL, I mean SPIDERMAN!

No comments: